The draft is underway!

Click here to go to your war room, or visit the war room item in the draft menu.

NOTE: As of the last sim, this league was under the minimum 50% capacity. Invite your friends to join MyFootballNow to keep this league alive! Then send them to this league to become the owner of a team! The league will expire at 7/12/2020 8:00 pm.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Completed Trade: Columbus Crusaders and Wilmington Copperheads

By Beercloud
9/15/2019 5:01 pm
Columbus Crusaders sends:
1980 Round 1 Selection 6
1980 Round 3 Selection 6
1981 Round 1

Wilmington Copperheads sends:
1980 Round 1 Selection 1 (Wilmington Copperheads)
1980 Round 5 Selection 1 (Wilmington Copperheads)

(This is an automated message. If you believe this trade warrants additional investigation, please contact the league admin.)

Re: Completed Trade: Columbus Crusaders and Wilmington Copperheads

By greyghost1225
9/15/2019 11:24 pm
This trade should be reviewed.

By Beercloud
9/15/2019 11:32 pm
Trade is under review.

Do not trade assets until review is complete within 24 hrs.

In this case by 8:00am.
Last edited at 9/15/2019 11:33 pm

By Beercloud
9/16/2019 12:28 am
This trade passes.

Jouameng voted to approve and if cyclonelomax voted to void I would break the tie by approving this trade.

For me it's the price to be paid for the overall #1 pick in the draft.

By cyclonelomax
9/16/2019 4:05 am
agree with you , big price approve

By greyghost1225
9/16/2019 5:43 am
2 #1s and a #3 to move up 4 spots....nah, not even close

By dyluckyguess
9/16/2019 11:01 am
Ghost I think you are discounting how big a deal it is to jump from 6 to 1. Like no way in heck would you pay that to jump from 32 to 27 but since its 6 to 1 it's worth so much more. Did I overpay a little? Maybe. My original offer was just the two 1's but after haggling we came up with the 3 for 5. In the end, I wanted that quarterback. In my experience, a quarterback that good with that low of volatility is a unicorn.

By dyluckyguess
9/16/2019 11:05 am
I like the idea of the trade committee. I have one in the league I run. I do think the deal should have to be way worse than these two were to review though. Honestly I dont even know who we were saying got the short end in the other trade. There are so many different factors in trades that matter that maybe I value differently than you which is what makes trades a good thing. Maybe we could be a bit more conservative on what trades we review?

By shavar
9/16/2019 2:04 pm
dyluckyguess wrote:
I like the idea of the trade committee. I have one in the league I run. I do think the deal should have to be way worse than these two were to review though. Honestly I dont even know who we were saying got the short end in the other trade. There are so many different factors in trades that matter that maybe I value differently than you which is what makes trades a good thing. Maybe we could be a bit more conservative on what trades we review?

agree with this completely, The trade should be so obviously lopsided that anyone looking would say .. " what the .... " before the committee would reject the trade, I haven't seen that in either of these trades. Everyone values picks and certain players differently and what you see as a solid trade may differ from what I see. doesn't mean it should be rejected

By DJSim22
9/16/2019 2:15 pm
I'd accept the trade only because it's the #1 overall pick for the QB that I think is clearly far better than the rest of the current crop of QB's. That said, I certainly think it was far too much, and wouldn't do it myself.

I'll be interested to see what slot that future #1 pick becomes. If it's a top 5 pick, the trade was a disaster. If it's a top 20 pick, it might work out well. My pause is that rookie QB's usually struggle.